Edifici de l’Auditori, c/Padilla 155, 08013 Barcelona
We invite scholars to present papers related to the advertised subject. A list of suggested subject areas and questions is given below:
- Comparing different interpretations of scores in analysis on the one hand and in performance on the other. Is it possible to establish a connection between analytical practice and performing practice? Is it possible and desirable to detect affinities between concrete analyses and concrete performances? May performing practice guide musical analysis? Can analysis motivate convincing “analytical interpretations”?
- Experience reports of performers about the role of analysis in their own rehearsing practice.
- Historical traces about the connection between analysis and performance.
- Experience reports on the usage of new technologies. Is there a desire to complement analysis with tools for the measurement and visualization of performance parameters?
Participation types include:
- Paper presentation (maximum 15 minutes, and 5 minutes for questions).
- Round-tables (from 3 to 5 participants, each one having a breaf presentation of its position in maximum 5 minutes, followed by a general discussion in a maximum total time of 50 minutes and 10 minutes for questions).
- Commented short performances or presentations illustrated with sound or audiovisual projections (maximum of 25 minutes and 5 minutes for questions).
Indications for the proposals:
- For Papers: an abstract of maximum 500 words.
- For round-tables: an overview of maximum 500 words and one of maximum 250 words for each participant in the table.
- For commented performances or presentations illustrated with sound or audiovisual projections: an abstract of maximum 500 words, plus a CV of the performer(s) of maximum 250 words, plus recordings / scores / other material to be included in the session.
- No more than one proposal per applicant will be accepted.
- Presentations may be in Catalan, Spanish or English.
- The deadline to submit proposals is the 20 of December.
- The Workshop may be attended as listener (10€ registration fee, 5€ with ESMUC id card), lecturer (30€), round-table format or commented performace format (30€ + 10€ per participant). Free access and participation for ATAM members.
- Prof. Pedro Purroy (Zaragoza, president of ATAM)
- Dr. Eduard Resina i Bertran (ESMUC, Barcelona)
- Dr. Fèlix Pastor (ESMUC, Barcelona)
- Dr. Thomas Noll (ESMUC, Barcelona)
- Prof. Karst de Jong (ESMUC, Barcelona)
- Prof. Josep Margarit Dalmau (ESMUC, Barcelona)